Thursday, May 03, 2012

John Carter DVD / Bluray Teaser Trailers

One of my favourite movies of the year so far!

Such a shame it was labelled a flop (apparently $100m global opening weekend box office constitutes a flop these days, but the film has since made back it's reported production budget of $250m too!) and it seems that the recently ousted Disney Studios execs weren't actually bothered with it.

If people would actually give it a chance, instead of having their minds made up for them by the unwarranted negative press, they might be pleasantly surprised and find a pretty decent sci-fi fantasy film.

It's released on June 5th in the US first, and on July 2 in the UK. I look forward to getting it on bluray! Boxart still sucks though, I'll be designing my own and will put them up online nearer the time if anyone wants them too.

Also visit the following websites to connect with like-minded people who also loved the film and would love to see a second John Carter film:
» Back To Barsoom Facebook Page
» Back To Barsoom Website
» Back To Barsoom Forum



The rest of the bluray/DVD teaser trailers after the jump.




And instead of the official trailer, here's a better fan-made one instead.

7 comments:

  1. Buy this movie, don't rent it. It's that good. I love the movie and I hadn't a clue what it was about. I am so glad I saw it in IMAX. The CGI is impeccable. The story grand. The actors rock their roles. Something for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John Carter was fantastic! I saw it 1 week ahead of release and the bizarre events after, the few bad reviews and loads of people, who hadn't even seen it, bashing it, really threw me for a loop! I've seen it 6 times more after release and now that it's out of the theater, I miss it. Got kinda addicted to Barsoom. Been a lot of years since a film got me addicted. DYING for my Blu Ray and all those extras - and - DYING for a sequel, too! Fans are fighting the good fight. Turn around public opinion of the film and get that sequel green-lit before too much time goes by. Thanks for the great writeup! LOVE that Heritage trailer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buy this movie! Forget what the reviews say. I've waited DECADES for this movie to be made and it was made right! What a shame that Disney fouled this up. I've seen it at the theaters four times and can't wait to get it on dvd. This is what started it all. All Science Fiction started with these stories. Lucas ,Spielberg and the rest copied this story. You need this in your collection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. EPIC. This film is already on track to becoming a cult classic. The box office wasn't kind because of a lot of negative press surrounding the making and marketing of the movie, but the movie itself? It rocks, it soars, it is all the fun that movies used to be.

    Don't be put off by the fact that this movie is under Disney's label. It is one heck of a ride. And unlike most CGI-heavy movies, this film actually has a story. That's because director Andrew Stanton is the Pixar guy behind Finding Nemo and Wall-E as well as one of the lights behind Toy Story.

    Taylor Kitsch, Lynn Collins and Willem Dafoe are great in the lead roles and wait till you meet Woola! I've already pre-ordered mine on Amazon.com ... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What they said. This was an awesome movie. Some people complain that its not true to the books but it is true to the spirit of the books. Waited 46 years for this and am not disappointed. Only thing that disappoints me is I have only seen it 6 times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I pre-ordered my 4 disc set. I'll be buying a Blu-Ray player for it too. The movie is very engaging.

    ReplyDelete
  7. JOHN CARTER is a great movie! It's a story based on a novel and characters created by Edgar Rice Burroughs, the author of TARZAN! The book was written in 1911 and has been in print ever since. It's essentially a love story about a man from Earth and the Martian princess who help him find himself. I think you'll like, maybe love, this film if you give it a chance! And buy the blu-ray or dvd at the Disney Vault or Amazon.com! Also, go to the Facebook site TAKE ME BACK TO BARSOOM! and johncartertwo.com to support a sequel! Further, merchandise is selling at the online Disney Store - just search for John Carter and it will appear!

    ReplyDelete